Sunday, January 17, 2010

One More Step

I'm tired
      There's one more step in you

I'm not ready
      You don't have a choice

The road is so long
      But you must carry on

It all seems so futile
      Such fear in your voice


I don't know if I have what it takes to be strong.
      Well that's one foolproof way to never be wrong.
      To sit and to wonder and wrinkle your brow,
      to always ask why and never ask how,
      let nebulous plans float around in your head,
      find most satisfaction asleep in your bed.

But I'm paralyzed by fear!
      Would you rather be dead?

Well sometimes I think...
      And most everyone does
      give up at some point
      but hold on now because
      even though your next goal
      is not clear in your sights
      does not mean it's all over.
      Open eyes! See the light!

      It's there gleaming brighter
      than ever before.
      Perhaps it's quite far
      off on some distant shore,
      but it's THERE and it's REAL
      and you'll have it someday.
      It will sneak up behind
      after you've gone astray.


But I don't want to meet with whatever's ahead.
Can't do it, don't want it, whatever you said.
It's THIS that feels real, this fear and this pain,
the hardship and doubt and attempts made in vain.
I feel trapped by any of the paths I could choose.
Why gamble when I know already I'll lose?


      You can't see the future, there's no one that can.
      But you have some control, you can still make a plan.
      You'll grow and you'll change and your plans will change too.
      There's no limit to what you will think, see or do.
      Waiting's not easy, results won't come fast.
      You'll be pushed to complete breaking point when at last
      you will a feel a great tug pull so strong at your heart
      that nothing you do can stop you from the start
      of the most grand adventure that you've had to date.

      Take just one more step, and shake hands with your fate.


kvogel 8.23.09




No comments:

Post a Comment