Sunday, January 17, 2010

Catching Crickets

A cricket, green and lithe, leapt from my hands.
Bright, clever, spry, I watched him gladly play.

He looked back only once and caught my eye.

He winked, turned 'round, continued on his way.


The cricket looked so friendly, free and simple.

I followed him across the open green.

But soon, sun set, and slowly all grew dim.

Just visible was his illusive sheen.


No longer could I see his spritely dances.

Just faintly I could hear his charming voice.

Perhaps he wondered whether I drew nigh.

I pursued, resolute - I had no choice.


Upset that I was no closer to Cricket,

I raced more fervently, I felt half blind.

I tripped and fell, and knew that to be sure

all was now lost, I was too far behind.


While on the ground, I saw another cricket.

Just like the first, exquisite in disguise.

I looked up on the stars and my heart burst.

I let both go and gently closed my eyes.

kvogel 11.07

No comments:

Post a Comment